Congregation Kol Ami & Temple Beth Or's Outreach Mitzvah Service Trip to Guatemala
Next Mission Trip: January 2017!
Help us share Tikkun Olam in beautiful Guatemala!
Special thanks to our Candle of Hope sponsor, the Afriat Consulting Group Inc.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Volunteer in a Mayan village, San Antonio Aguas Calientes
- Build a house for a special family in need
- Provide a week-long day camp or other programming for sponsored Children
- Visit woman and families in their home and help evaluate and coordinate medical needs or services
- Shabbat services and dinner at our Sister Synagogue, Temple Adat Israel in Guatemala City
- Experience a traditional Mayan Fire Ceremony
- Share Nightly reflections, Discussions, Debrief
- Hike Pacaya Volcano with a picnic lunch on the warm lava overlooking Guatemala
- Tour a Coffee Plantation and Zipline in the highlands
- Jade Factory & Museum Tour
- Chocolate Factory & Cooking Demonstration
What’s included in the cost of the trip:
- 9 Nights at Aurora Hotel, a boutique garden hotel
- 9 breakfasts
- 9 lunches
- 9 dinners at excellent top rated restaurants
- All non-alcoholic beverages included with all meals
- All Ground Transportation to/from the Airport as well as to/from the Village and to daily site seeing destinations.
- Driver gratuities
- A Volcano Hike and picnic lunch
- A Coffee Plantation tour
- A Zip Line Tour
- A Mayan Fire Ceremony
- A Santo Domingo Hotel & Museum Tour
- Tour of a Chocolate Factory
- Entry to the Jade Museum
- All field trips with children
- Entry to the Guatemala Zoo
- Tour of a Macadamia Nut Plantation
- A portion of the trip cost is donated to NG for their ongoing programming.
- A portion will be provide a donation to sponsor a child in the Nueva Generacion school with school supplies and extracurricular activities for an entire year.
- Another portion will help buy homebuilding supplies.
For Information, contact David Glickman at email@example.com or call the Temple Office at 323-606-0996.
Donate to the Congregation Kol Ami's Mission to Guatemala and help us provide vital medical supplies, life-changing education and new homes for families in Guatemala.