People who seek a community rich in diversity and committed to social action will find a welcoming home at Congregation Kol Ami. We are Jews by birth and Jews by choice, partners of Jews, singles, couples or families. All of us together create inclusiveness, joy, and a sense of belonging. We are engaged in Jewish experience, culture, social activity and education that incorporates feminist Jewish theology, gender equality and diverse sexual identities in its theology and practice. As a congregation, we experience something greater than ourselves.
Our Members are:
LGBT individuals and couples
Straight individuals and couples
Families with children
Interfaith families and couples
Individuals new to Judaism
Being a member of Congregation Kol Ami means…
· Joyously welcoming Shabbat at Friday night services with Rabbi Eger
· Engaging in intellectually stimulating educational programs
· Laughing at the annual Purim schpiel
· Proudly watching your child’s Bar or Bat Mitzvah
· Saying Kaddish with a caring community
· Making a financial commitment of support to our spiritual community
· Celebrating the High Holy Days with grace and awe
· Working towards a most just and kind world
We welcome you with all your passion, energy and interests to become a part of our unique community.
Each adult in a family carries his or her own membership with all rights and responsibilities. Dependents under 18 years of age are included in the memberships of their families.
For further information or to have a membership packet mailed to you, please contact our Chief Administrative Officer, Kelsi Copeland at 323-606-0996.