Be there for the first "Queering the Conversation" educational panel discussion on Thursday, November 13th, 2014: “Is Religion Getting Us To LGBTQ Equality?” produced by the THE LAVENDER EFFECT®.
It is our hope is that through this conversation we can mobilize the larger community to make our world a better place for LGBTQ and Allied people - to truly Tikkun Olam.
As an official Compassion Week 2014 event, the panel will be moderated by Consulting Advisor Lee Wind, M.Ed. and will include the following confirmed participants:
* Rabbi Denise Eger (Founder, Congregation Kol Ami)
* Ani Zonneveld (Founder/President - Muslims for Progressive Values)
* Mel White (Founder, Soulforce Religious Advocacy Organization)
* Reverend Troy Perry (Founder, Metropolitan Community Church)
This event will be held at the Founders Metropolitan Community Church in Los Angeles and asks:
* What is our purpose as LGBTQ and Allied people?
* Do we have a higher calling?
* What are the tipping points that bring religious communities through (or to?) 'tolerance,' 'acceptance,' and ultimately to celebrating our queer lives and relationships?
* And what can we do - both as individuals and as a cross-faith spiritual community - to create LGBTQ-positive change?
The evening will begin with a reception from 7:00pm-7:30pm, followed by the panel and audience Q&A from 7:30pm-9:00pm. We've kept this a free event with a $10 suggested donation.
THE LAVENDER EFFECT® is a nonprofit of Community Partners that is advancing the future of LGBTQ history and culture. To further our mission, at the evening's conclusion, we'll be announcing our exciting new initiative to collect oral history testimonies from LGBTQ and Allied Religious Leaders.
"Is Religion Getting Us To LGBTQ Equality?" Educational Panel featuring Rabbi Eger